Thursday, September 19, 2013

I Am Not a Serial Killer


Title: I Am Not a Serial Killer

Author: Dan Wells - 'I Am Not a Serial Killer' is his first published book, and is the first of a trilogy.

Genre: Thriller, Young Adult

Review: Personally, I believed "I Am Not a Serial Killer" to be an excellent book. It is a bit out of my genre of choice, but I found it extremely intriguing. The book is written from the first person point of view of a sociopathic 15-year-old boy named John. He has all of the quirks and traits that are generally associated with serial killers, and is near obsessed with learning about others like himself. He is characterized extremely well, and I found myself feeling sorry for him, even though there's no way that I should have been. He was interesting, and it felt like he was legitimately trying to be nice. Or, in his mind, he was trying to be human. 

When a serial killer shows up in his town and starts killing people off, John feels himself becoming more and more interested in finding out more about him or her. About halfway through the book, there is a major twist that I never saw coming, and didn't seem like it should work. However, Dan pulled it off very cleverly, and it just worked. The ending sent chills up my spine and left me craving more.

Overall, I found it an excellent book, and would definitely recommend it, especially if you're a fan of thrillers. Or, as is true in my case, even if you're not. I honestly can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment